Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Big Boy

Nate and I have been talking about transitioning Judson to a bed. He is fine in his crib, not crawling out or anything, but it seemed like time. Judson is already 21 months old, I know where has the time gone!!! So we thought it was time. I have been told by other moms that actually 18 months is the best time, well we already missed that but oh well. So last night Nate and I took a side off the crib to make it a toddler bed. It is so nice that it converts!! We wanted to keep Judson in his room and did not want to have to move everything around to make room for a bigger bed. As soon as we took the side off and remade the bed Judson got so excited and climed right in!! It was super cute!! Then last night when it was bed time Judson was so funny because he did not want to go thourgh his normal routine and read a book he just wanted he bed. So I put him in it and he stayed all night!! What a great kid!!

I said he stayed it in all night, I didn't say that he didn't get out this morning! :) I was in the bathroom and I heard him get up. I went to check on him and of course he was not in his bed!! So I looked around his room, then around to the other bedrooms and no Judson. I then heard a noise downstairs. So I went down to see Judson opening a Christmas present that had been under the tree. He was so proud of himslef, and really it was cute. But that is not what I was hoping for!! I now have to make sure that I am always up before he is, which happens most days but not all! :) But it is good to have him out of his crib, he is not a baby anymore!! We will just have to see what happens with this new freedom of his. I am a little nurvous about nap time today!! Without being trapped, like he was in the crib, who knows what he will get into!

4 comments:

Ryla said...

Nap went better than I thought it would. It only took 30 to get him to stay in his bed, only about 6 or seven times putting him back in. :) But he finally was out at 1:00 and it is 3:20 now and he is still sleeping!! I think everything is going to work out!!

Kelly T said...

What a big boy! We still haven't done this for Will... we just moved him back into the "boys" room with the baby, and I'm scared of what might happen to poor Seth if Will is awake in there with him! :)

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

Just the fact that he didn't fall out is impressive to me!!!!

katie said...

He's such a big boy! Wow!