Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What a Weekend!!

My sister Ryna and I were blessed by our husbands with a weekend away. It all started by us meeting at the hotel we were going to stay at for the weekend. I was running behind and Ryna got there first and was not so sure about the hotel!! She was telling me about it as I was driving into town and I was not getting very excited. It was a very old and run down. Ryna got our room and said that it stunk and the whole place was really sketchy!! So she told the front desk about the smell hoping that they would just refund us our money but of course they just gave us another room. I had gotten to the hotel and was able to see the new room. And I was in totally agreement, the hotel was so sketchy!! There were stains on the carpet, the hallways were dark and smelly, and it was not in a great part of town. When we got to our room we were able to open the door with out using the key card. That was the last straw. We went back to the front desk and told them that we could not stay there. I know that the lady thought that Ryna and I were such snobbs but that is fine we could not stay there!!

Ryna had found the hotel using Expedia, the problem was the somehow the wrong hotel got clicked on!! So that is how we ended up with the scary hotel!!

After leaving there and feeling like we needed a shower!! We drove to Clear Lake and found a great hotel that was clean, had a pool, hot tub, breakfast and did not give us the willys!! It was wonderful!!! We then were able to get some supper and then enjoy our relaxing weekend. The next day we each had a facial and massage!! It was so wonderful!! Then we just hung out and relaxed the rest of the day/night!!

It was such a wonderful weekend!! Even with the very eventful start!!

3 comments:

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

Scary beginning but so glad everything turned out okay! Did you take any pics?

D's Mom said...

Oooh, that first hotel does not sound fun! Glad you changed!

How FUN to get a weekend with your sis!! I love sister time!

Kara Scharrer said...

That sounds like so much fun (minus the scary hotel part)! I wish that I had a sister to do things like that with!