Friday, November 4, 2011

Lawson's story

So I was 40 weeks on Tuesday October 25th and had an appointment the next day. Because I was "overdue" I had a NST (non-stress test) that day. That just means that the hooked me up to monitors and I hung out in a recliner for 25 min while they checked baby's movement, heat rate and if I was having any contractions. When I got to my actual appointment with the doctor my blood pressure was high, which was not great because it should not have been since all I had been doing was sitting around for the last 30 min! :) It had also been high the previous week, so they decided to just call things good and induce. There were no available rooms for that day or Thursday so Friday at 7:30 was going to be the time. I was so happy to hear that they would induce because I was just feeling so ready, even with it only being one day after my due date!

So my parents came on Wednesday night, we went to bible class and were able to enjoy trunk or treat with Judson. Thursday we made sure our bags were packed and things were in order to leave Judson with my parents for a few days.

Friday morning we loaded everything we needed and headed to the hospital. We were supposed to check in at 7:30 but were a bit late because we could not find a place to park. We finally made our way to the correct part of the hospital and checked in. After doing a little paperwork and answering some questions they started patocin (SP) at 8:30. I was regulated to my left side right from the beginning because of the high blood pressure. So I was just looking at the wall for a long time, and not really able to do anything. That was a little frustrating and boring! The nurse kept upping my dose every so often to get things going, it was not so bad. I could feel more contractions and knew things were progressing, but nothing to bad. Then the doctor said it was time to break my water, which also went fine. I was a little nervous, because with Judson my water broke naturally even though I was induced. After that though the contractions became much much more intense and I was ready for my epidural! I am not really sure time frame on all this because I was staring at the wall most of the time, away from the clock! :) The epidural was great, but did not take as well as the one with Judson did, so I was in much less pain but still had a lot of feeling!

Then at 1:30 Lawson Ray Rowedder came to join our family!! We were so excited to finally meet him!!

Here is how Lawson and Judson compare.
Judson born on a Thursday, 1:49 a.m., 8 lbs. 13 oz. 21 inches, head 13 1/2 inches, chest 13 1/2 inches
Lawson born on a Friday, 1:30 p.m., 7 lbs. 12 oz. 21 1/2 inches, head 13 1/4 inches, chest 13 inches
We are loving having our two boys, things are going great, Judson is a wonderful big brother and I am feeling well too! Life is wonderful!!

1 comment:

The Ferguson Family said...

Glad to hear that Lawson is here and you are all doing well and healthy!