Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I love this kid!!

Yesterday Judson and I ventured out to the library. He LOVED it!! We for sure will have to make in a weekly event. We found out that Wednesday mornings is when they do story time and songs, so we are going to try that next week. Judson love to look around at the book, had so much fun watching and playing with the other kids and he made these two crafts too. He is starting to enjoy coloring, though it does not hold his attention long. Judson also liked playing with the train table that was in the children's section of the library. He loves books and we hope that fun trips to the library will encourage that love!




I also took him to get his second hair cut yesterday. I know it is hard to see from the pictures but he got quite a bit cut off. It really changes his look. He is definitely not a baby anymore, in look or in actions. He turned 16 months on July 5th. He is a hilarious little boy and we love watching his personality grow more and more every day. He still is not talking much, not really any full words, but says "dada", "mama", "mo" for more, "ba" for ball and he still uses sign language for please. He does not say much but babbles a lot and is able to communicate most things that he wants to. I love that he can understand so much. Like if he wants to go outside then I tell him to go get his shoes and he does then I tell him to sit down which he does and we put his shoes on and go play. It is also nice that when we come back in I can tell him to sit down and take his shoes off and he does. Judson also loves to throw things away and go get things for us. He is still a super great eater. Love fruit of course, pretty much anything we will let him eat. But he also is still doing great with vegies too. He likes broccoli, carrots and cauliflower the best. We have tried hard to keep sugar out of his diet, but he still has such a sweet tooth. It is funny how he will sneak a bite from anyone that will give it to him. We have given him some sweet treats, but try to really limit them.




This is our neighborhood park. It is so nice to have a park that we can walk to. We were spoiled with that in Lincoln. We were told by a neighbor yesterday that Ankeny actually as 42 parks. It is crazy to think about, because Ankeny is not huge!! Ankeny has also been named one of the USA's "playful cities" so apparently it is a very family friendly town. We have not been to any other parks in town other than the neighborhood one, though it is plenty exciting for Judson so we may not get to many other this summer.



I realize more and more everyday how amazingly blessed I am to have a husband that is supportive of me staying home!! I am so blessed to be able to do all these things and make all these memories with Judson!! Thank you so much Nathan!!!! We love you!!!

5 comments:

Phifer Family said...

He is just getting so big. I love that kid too! I wish we could see you guys soon. Someday...
Love you guys and miss you so much!

Kara Scharrer said...

He looks a lot older! I can definitely tell by the pictures. So cute!

Jacqueline said...

It is a blessing to be home with our kiddos! He is super cute, and it looks like ya'll are having tons of fun in your new home!

Heather P. said...

Ryla- These photos are so fun. What a great little park. Also, glad he liked the library. I think this week we will skip, since we have the special olympics in town. I am sure he will love next Wed. =) SOOOO agree with the blessing of staying home full-time!!!

Katie said...

He does look older!!! Man I miss you guys.